Monday, August 11, 2008

Robyn Hitchcock - You & Oblivion

There's a guy out there who is a big Hitchcock fan. I mean, I'm not sure if he's reading this, but this is for him. And this is for my old best friend too who liked Robyn Hitchcock and was shot in the street in New Orleans circa 1995. But mainly this is for the guy from Boston who likes Hitchcock & Chameleons a lot. I don't know if he's out there anymore. I don't know. But this is for him. I love this song, though the Storefront Hitchcock version is better. On that version he introduces it by saying "This is about somebody who's...gone". I think he wrote it about his father but it fits. People who are gone in my life. It gives me goose bumps, this song. And I like Hitchcock a lot, too.


My body is a temple of alcoholic poison.

No comments: