Monday, August 11, 2008

Procol Harum: going back to the beginning of this blog

Recently a guy posted to my Cathy La Creme 7" thread, and he ended his message with the words "shine on brightly" and I was so impressed by that, because it was a long, long time ago that I started this blog and I didn't have my shit together at all then, and this song was in my heart, Procol Harum's "Shine On Brightly". Please pardon me if you don't like it. I know it's not for everyone. I'm real sorry that the original video I posted isn't available anymore. I wish more than anything I could see that video again. This is all we've got in the meantime. Please won't you Brits send me some TV appearances of this band doing this song? Hahah.

"Fat old buddhas carved in gold..."

"My Eunuch friend has been and gone/he said that I must soldier on" This song just slays me. I can't put it into words what this does to me.

No comments: