Sunday, June 29, 2008

Native Tongue EP, 1981






Native Tongue - self-titled EP, 1981


I'm posting this for the lovely soul named Neal who asked me to post their early EP. Thank you, Neal.

This was a band from Boston, Massachusetts USA. I don't have anything to say about them that I haven't already said here. They sorta sound like Gang Of Four. I think the 4th song here is especially good - "Carving The Future From Soap". It's a bit different to what they tried to do on their album, etc. I dig it. I have an insert and back sleeve for this record, but too drunk to handle the patience it would take to scan these things right now.

I'm gonna go into some heavy dance music, soon. This is fair warning.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the dedication. you're a true hero.

ever heard a band called sorry? they're another old boston area post punk band. their 1st album is more punky, like the minutemen, and their 2nd is more like mission of burma. i can send them over if you're intrested.

Bimble said...

No, I haven't heard of Sorry. I don't see them in my old Trouser Press Record Guide, either. I'll be happy to give them a try, although I can't say I'm a big fan of either Minutemen or Mission of Burma (though the latter may be more to do with my own ignorance - I only know one song!)

앤서니 said...

please please please re-up this link! i used to have both the yowl lp and this ep, but i sold my entire collection...

Bimble said...

Haha. I knew the next thing that would happen after I reuploaded Yowl was I'd get a request to reupload this one, too. Sure, I'll do it. I'm more interested in doing this one actually because I haven't heard it nearly as much as Yowl.