Saturday, June 7, 2008

Any Factory Records fans in the house?



If you are a fan of Factory records like me, please consider purchasing this fantastic fanzine. I just got it in the mail today and I am speechless. The photos of Tony Wilson alone are blindingly fantastic, let alone the rest. It's typed just like an old fashioned fanzine, too. I was so touched to receive a package of paper in the mail from the UK like that, just the way I used to so many times when I was a teenager and in my early twenties. I even got a little misty-eyed at the familiar fragile brown paper it was packaged in. There isn't anything like that in the whole U.S. of A., mark my words, and I haven't seen that kind of paper in a long, long time.

Here's what was posted on the Factory mailing list about this issue:

Scream City, is the Manchester fanzine from the people who brought you Cerysmatic Factory and special guest contributors. Covering music, art, books, popular culture, it's an old school fanzine and is made from paper, ink and staples.

Scream City 4 is the FAC-2 special and the contents include:

Anthony H. Wilson by David Nolan
Peter Hook interview by Michael Eastwood
Vini Reilly interview by Phil Cleaver
Industrial Relations: The Design of FAC-2 by Matthew Robertson
Stephen Mallinder (Cabaret Voltaire) interview by Michael Eastwood
John Dowie interview by Ian McCartney
Sample Minds: Before and After A Factory Sample by Andrew James

Scream City 4 is on sale via eBay (seller id="cerysmatic")
priced 2.00 GBP + postage and packing. Paypal only.

Thank you for your forebearance.

John
--
Cerysmatic Factory / Scream City
www.cerysmaticfactory.info/screamcity.html

For those too lazy (or drunk) to look it up, here's the link on ebay:
Buy it here.

No comments: