Sunday, June 15, 2008

Danse Society - Heaven Is Waiting (1984)




I feel quite sure that some folks reading this blog now have already known about this album for quite some time. I've known about it, but never actually had it until now. I would have always assumed to find it was mediocre, based upon the singles I heard on college radio. Instead, I'm completely amazed. This is like, the ULTIMATE goth record. I don't even know where to begin. And I especially love that they have danceable synthesizer 12"es. Don't you? I mean the likes of "Angel" is kinda trying to do a New Ordery thing isn't it? I know a lot of folks say these guys were middle-of-the-road and forgettable. But hell....I disagree. And I'd be a fool to post the stupid thing, too. You'll have to find it elsewhere. I was disappointed that iTunes and emusic didn't have it but I bought the import CD and I'm so thrilled with it. Some years back I made myself a CD of a bunch of early Danse Society stuff but it only interested me for a short while and then I grew bored of it. Go figure.

No comments: