Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Wendys - More Than Enough Promo 12", 1990


The Wendys - More Than Enough Promo 12", 1990

I'll be the first to admit there were a lot of crap or mediocre records released on the Factory label. But I think Northside & The Wendys were fabulous. The Wendys weren't quite as good as Northside, I don't think, but pretty close for awhile. Anyway, the key thing here is the A-side, a vocal version of "More Than Enough" that cannot be found elsewhere. The B-side, the instrumental version of the song, was released as the b-side of the "Pulling My Fingers Off" single.

I'm proud to say I saw the Wendys live in Manchester in 1991. There weren't many people there, but it was a thrill, I must say. I took home a Wendys poster someone gave me off the wall. Don't have it anymore, though, unfortunately. I'm aware they did do a second album "Sixfoot Wingspan" in 1999, but I'm really not sure how I feel about it, to be honest.

No comments: