Sunday, June 7, 2009

Graveyards & Cemeteries

There is a large, large, cemetery near where I live. I've been there many times since I've lived in this apartment. But I always stayed on my own side of the street. I always knew there was another part of it across the street, but I only recently started going there, due a friend of mine. I've become more acquainted with this side of it, but it's surprisingly much, much larger than the other side of the street. HUGE. And I particularly like this side of the cemetery. There's something absolutely magical about it. I've seen it at sunrise, I've seen it in mist, I've seen trees and wondered, and I've seen all kinds of graves. And I've seen mausoleums, but you can't go inside them, even if you can see through the glass. And I am not a religious person at all, but I'm totally moved just by being there in a way that I can only describe as supernatural and uncanny. It's incredibly beautiful. And it goes on and on and on and on. I think someday I will reach the end of it, but it just keeps going, and that almost frightens me.

Today I went there and cried a lot. So much that my eyes hurt. They still do. I'm very tired but I can't fall asleep.

I'm sorry that I don't have the record to post here that I was going to. It looks like Sad Lovers & Giants have all their stuff up on iTunes and apparently they did do one CD that I think compiled most of the tracks from the LP I was going to rip ("In The Breeze"). So I feel bad about trying to put that stuff up here. I really need to listen to that damn record, though. Maybe I will rip it anyway.

No comments: