Sunday, December 7, 2008

Heures Sans Soleil, LTM compilation, 1985





Various Artists - Heures Sans Soleil, 1985

This comp has probably been put up on other blogs already but I decided to put it up anyway out of sheer sentimental value. Long before the LTM (Les Temps Modernes) label became well known as the fine reissuer of Factory records and post-punk gems we know it to be today, there was this compilation, and as far as compilations go, it is a doozy. Greater than the sum of its parts. I bought this when I was about 15 years old and I remember skipping school one day and listening to it on my walkman, sitting next to a dirt road out in the country. Trivia buffs will note that the Crispy Ambulance track here is actually mistitled. The Section 25 track "Hold Me" is to die for, and not on any of their regular LP's, though I'm sure it was later added as a bonus track to something or other.

My only complaint is with the Dislocation Dance track, which I find torture to listen to. I feel duty bound to point out that Dislocation Dance have a hell of a lot more different and better stuff than that.

Track listing:
Section 25 - An Introduction
Clock DVA - The Discussion
Minny Pops - She Said Go Go Go
Tuxedomoon - Shelved Dreams
Mazowsze - The Little Candle End
Eric Random - 6:55
Dislocation Dance - (the next year I returned to) St. Michelle (but Marie had gone and with her my childhood)
The Happy Family - March In Turin
Section 25 - Hold Me
Crispy Ambulance - Rain Without Clouds
A Primary Industry - From This Prospect

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this rare music! CLOCK DVA and T.A.G.C. are great!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so very very much for this. I've been trying to track this LP down since having had it stolen years ago. Love March in Turin - and hate the shiny re-recorded version available on the Happy Family comp CD. Ta!

Bimble said...

Yes, March In Turin is especially lovely. Probably the best thing Momus ever did, although I did like the Happy Family album.