Saturday, August 25, 2007

Rip It Up




Okay for real now we are going to rip it up and start again with this blog. Drunken detours be damned. I mean...Damned. Is that a new rose you've got there?

I have found three albums all at once that I really like, so I am a happy camper. I guess when it rains it pours. Why can't fate spread the gems out better so it isn't quite so intense when they happen at once suddenly?:

1) The Wendys - Sixfoot Wingspan (a most beautiful tribute to Factory records, I feel - I honestly don't think I've heard anything this good since...well, a really damn long time and certainly pre-2001)

2) The Silencers - A Letter To St. Paul (also a Scottish band and a very nice sorta jangly pretty 1987 thing or other, on a major label and slick production-wise, but still far better than a lot of bands who might have swam in the same pond of style...it's subtle, doesn't overdo it, very nice indeed. This is probably what I always wanted the Trash Can Sinatras to sound like)

3) Thee Majesty - Vitruvian Pan (not very publicized this one...Genesis P. Breyer Orridge rears his/her head again...to be honest I haven't listened to the whole thing yet but that's because I fear the power of it and I'm saving it for last)

No comments: