Sunday, July 27, 2008

Crispy Ambulance - Lucifer Rising (1982, 1999, 2003)


Crispy Ambulance - Lucifer Rising (1982, 1999, & 2003 versions)

This is the song that just keeps on giving with them. I wanted so much to find it on You Tube when I did the Factory Night post but it wasn't there.

Here's three different versions of it, one from "Accessory After The Fact" (live album), one from "Fin" (live album) and one from their last (majestic, wonderful, fulfilling) studio album from 2004 called "The Powder Blind Dream". This song is some kind of pagan mystical magic. It goes on and on and on. It never stops. It's a force unto its own. I don't really understand the way it works. It's a mystery.

All this and I haven't included the version on the "Factory Night" DVD.

All I want to hear is old A Certain Ratio and Crispy Ambulance all night long. The "All Night Party" goes on.

And wasn't it so cute in that Control film when a pretend, young, Alan Hempsall got paid to stand in for Ian Curtis at the Joy Division gig? I thought it was, anyway. A good laugh. :)

Genesis P. Orridge is still god, though. Make no mistake.

Also I've got some obscure old fanzine stuff about Crispy Ambulance that I will post later. I promise. I have to dig it out from under my bed. It's encased in the Nick Drake box set.

No comments: